So tomorrow I will only have one more month here and - as I mentioned before - I don’t feel like I am ready to leave yet. It just feels like this place has somehow become a second home and it will be so hard to leave my life here behind.
After living together with this awesome hostfamily for more than six months it will be so hard to leave. I just love the kids and the parents are also great. It will be so weird getting used to living on my own again with no kids around. There will be no one knocking on my door in the middle of the night to tell me about their nightmares and there will be no kids barging into my room on a sunday morning with a steaming hot cup of coffee. There also won’t be any fights over who gets to make a loomband or who gets to sit in the middle seat and there also won’t be any complaining about dinner or lunch. At this point it feels like life will get terribly lonely. At least for a while.
Don’t get me wrong, I am kind of looking forward to going home because I get to see my family and friends. I also really miss going to classes and eating my moms meals.
Anyways, maybe it will be easier to leave in a month. Who knows what will happen until then… This summer really was awesome, so it will be a bit weird when the kids go back to school next week, but oh well. :)
This week was actually really awesome since they went on vacation and left the car for me to drive. So I did loads of great stuff (like going to Ballycotton which is where this picture was taken). Tomorrow I will be going to Dingle, so I better pack my bag now since we leave really early in the morning. :3 ~
I just love it here so much and I wish that I could stay longer. Maybe even forever. It is just so nice here and I will miss everything and everyone so much. But I do know that I have to go back to university at some point, so…
Babe, there’s something lonesome about you
Something so wholesome about you
Get closer to me
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."
Essential Productivity Apps for any student:
- Caffeine- Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux- If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist)
- Focusbar- The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office- self explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag- Does your 5 minute study break keep turning into an hour on Youtube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control- Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero- The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.
i will will never not reblog this